Here it is, the recipe so many of you, mostly you mothers, have been begging for. Anyone I have ever made this sauce for has loved it and it took me almost a year to perfect the recipe for you. You see, like many cooking lovers, I hardly use a recipe I just cook to taste. A dash of this, a sprinkle of that bam, good and always a bit different. Some people just have the ability to combine flavors well, I like to think I’m one of them…sometimes.
Enough rambling, you don’t click recipe links to hear opinions. Here is the ingredients list. Read all the way through to the directions. The process of cooking this is really important because it allows for the flavors to really simmer together.
Ingredients: (Based on a 2 portion count)
1 & 1/2 tsp minced garlic (fresh is best)
1 & 1/2 cup heavy cream (save the 1/2 for later in case the sauce gets too thick)
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mixed parsley & basil (fresh is best)
- Boil water and put in half a box of fettuccini
- Start with a pot and let 1tbs of butter melt on medium heat
- Once the butter has melted put 1tsp of minced garlic in and let it simmer on medium heat until it turns golden brown
- Pour in 1 cup of heavy cream and let simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes (watch the pot for rising)
- Add 1/2 tsp of garlic and stir for about 2 minutes
- Add 1 cup of parmesan cheese and stir for 5 minutes, on high heat, until creamy
- Add 1/2 a cup of mixed basil and parsley (you can always add more)
- Use your 1/2 a cup of heavy cream on the side if the sauce is too thick add it in and stir.
- Add to half a box of cooked fettuccini and eat!
Tip: If the sauce is too thin, take a spoonful of flour dilute it in water and pour into the sauce and stir for a few minutes.
This recipe should leave you with a thick sauce meaning you would need the extra 1/2 cup of heavy cream at the end if it’s too thick for your liking. It’s great with just pasta, but it also goes well if you add seafood. You can add broccoli and chicken too! It’s a versatile sauce that can be a whole meal or just a side.
Also, it’s cooking… you can add as little or as much of the ingredients as you like. You can skip the parsley. It won’t taste the same but who cares, it will taste the way you like it, it’ll just be your version not mine…and mine is pretty good. I love this dish and everyone I make it for loves it too. It’s quite obviously not a healthy one, but it’s great for a cheat day or a date night in.
Remember, it’s just food, good food, don’t overthink it or overeat it. Everything in moderation, even carbs!